Digital Mission to New York, Nov '09
This was the second Digital Mission to visit New York and it's shaping up rather nicely, building on existing relationships with New York-based entrepreneurs, VCs, agencies and digital practitioners to create a cracking line up of activities.
The 21 companies for this mission have now been selected, for a full list, please see the company page:
For a full list of activities planned for New York, check out:
Digital Mission Progress
Listen live to the progress of the Digital Mission on our official Phlog (ipadio blog) by official Digital Mission blogger Benjamin Ellis – and if you’ve got any questions during or after the phonecasts send them via Twitter @digitalmission.
plus phonecasts from ipadio MD, Mark Smith on his Digital Mission experience...
The contribution towards costs for this mission will be between £600 and £1000 per company depending on the level of UKTI research required. The activities organised for mission companies will be published as they are confirmed but are likely to include:
- Marketing and PR before, during and after the mission
- Masterclass: Doing Business in the US
- Access to established New York digital networking events and groups
- Investor networking breakfast
- Evening reception at the British Consulate New York
- Access to Web 2.0 Expo / Conference
- More actvities and full schedule TBC...
Applications for this mission are now closed
To be considered for the Digital Mission to New York '09, digital SME's need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be UK headquartered
- Be Innovative
- Have a digital or mobile product, service or business model
- Have 2 years trading history, or failing that, compelling early-stage fast-track potential
- Be able to provide references from key sponsors/industry players
- Be ready to do business in the US OR potentially attractive to US investors
- Be able to cover travel and accommodation costs
- Be able to cover event expenses (approx £650 plus VAT TBC)
Successful applicants will be chosen by the Digital Mission advisory board which is traditionally made up of established UK digital entrepeuners, VC's, journalists, UK Trade & Investment and regional representatives. Successful applicants will be informed within a month of the application closing date.
Travel and accommodation can either be booked independently or through our travel partner Expose Travel. Full quotes and advice will be available upon successful application.
Questions? Please drop us a line at missionchinwag [dot] com remembering to say which mission you are enquiring about.