Digital Mission UK Tour '09
Digital Mission is going on tour.
This time we're staying much closer to home for a string of regional events taking place around the UK.
The regional events are a fantastic opportunity to come along to a local venue and hear more about each Digital Mission. As well as giving a general overview we'll be answering specific questions from the floor, giving advice on how best to prepare for a mission along with a list of application dates and deadlines for the US Digital Missions, and finishing up with some top notch networking.
Each regional event on the UK tour will have roughly the same format. Information covered will include:
- Application and selection process
- Information about each upcoming Digital Mission
- Nuts and bolts of a Digital Mission; What's the format? What are the activities? How much does it cost? etc
- Speaker from UK Trade & Investment to talk about the help and support UKTI can provide for digital SME's looking to expand their business abroad, seek investment or approach international cients
- Case studies from previous Digital Mission attendees, talking about their experiences
- Frequently asked questions about the missions
After the seminar there will be a Q & A session for any questions not covered and then informal networking with drinks.
The events are free to attend but do require registration. The dates and locations are:
- Belfast - Wednesday, 17th June - register
- Bristol - Monday, 29th June - register
- Birmingham - Tuesday, 30th June - register
- Manchester - Wednesday, 1st July - register
- Newcastle - Thursday, 2nd July - register
- London - Thursday 16th July (date TBC) - register
Digital Missions are a series of trade missions organised Chinwag and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI). They are specifically designed for UK-headquartered digital SMEs and supported heavily by the UKTI and commercial sponsors.
The missions encourage overseas expansion, help companies gain a thorough understanding of the local market, attract investment and promote themselves to key players on the international digital scene.
Upcoming Digital Missions and activities
- Digital Mission to LA & San Francisco, Oct '09
- Digital Mission to New York, Nov '09
- Digital Mission to SXSWi, Mar '10