Subject: Re: mouse over - sound
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:31:20 +0100

Hi Andrew,
> Here's the problem:
> The sound clip is +/-30 seconds long and everytime the mouse moves
> over the button it re-triggers the sound, this results in an awful
> mess of sound
> Is it possible to get flash to wait until the sound has finished
> before it triggers the sound again or do I rethink my idea?

How about a stop all sounds action followed by your sound action.
This would kill any current Flash sound eliminating overlapping sounds
but would allow restarting of the sound if the button was pressed again
whether or not the sound was completed.

This will work easily in Flash 3 as multiple actions can be assigned.
Using the Flash editor you will have to issue a goto frame and execte
the two actions as frame actions with a goto action to return to the
button frame. Usually you would place these two frames on the frames
that directly follow the button.
--