Subject: Colin
From: Marcantonio Magnarapa
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:50:00 +0100

Hi Colin,

At 10.33 23/04/98 -0400, you wrote:
>It seems like that might be the case. I was testing on IE3.01 and >The
only thing that makes me still wonder is that I had previously used
>that browser successfully with the 2.0 ActiveX Flash player, and didn't
>run into the authenticode problem before. Also, I have my security set
>to "None" on that browser so it shouldn't have been a problem anyway.

I have installed Internet Explorer 3.0, but unfortunately it already had
the Authenticode system in it. I have no older setups in here, so I can't
really check its behaviour without Authenticode.

However, I tried to set the security level to "High" and, even
-with- authenticode, it behaved the same way it was reported by my client -
all you could see was a, though pretty, unuseful red X in the upperleft
corner.

Setting the level to "Medium" worked, on confirmation. And with "None", it
worked smoothly.

Besides, anyone that failed to see that movie with unauth-ie30 managed to
see a Flash 2 movie. So it looks like this problem applies to 3.0 .SWFs only.

This is something to take into account when designing the entry page on
your website. Hopefully, your special script will take some headaches off
our heads.. :)

Marcantonio