Subject: Re: FLASH: moock flash player detection :: public beta
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:49:29 +0100

Cheri very quietly replies, ummm, Colin? Wish you'da been around the last
couple weeks here? A group of Flash developers started talking about and
working on that very project 2-3 weeks ago, then MM spoke up and said they
have a similar "kit" in the works. We viewed their pre-release version and
looks like we're all headed the same direction. You can see what the
"Flashability" group put together so far in the "testing" section of
www.flashability.org. Barranger Ridler did the coding for that project,
with input from several of the others of the group. Then a man named Eric
did a merging of the MM script with the Flashability script and we wrote up
some "want lists" and sent it all off to Tony at MM who promises to
incorporation as much as possible.

The things on our lists included sniffing for and possibly passing to the
swf as variables details such as screen res, available screen size, cookies
enabled, color depth, connection type...in addition to the browser and/or
Flash player qualifications. And I think our "sniffer" includes everything,
as well.

We would be honored if you were to join our group. We have a simple mailing
list at:

To subscribe from this list, please send an email to:
flashcompatibility-requestatdesignthenet [dot] com (mailto:flashcompatibility-requestatdesignthenet [dot] com)
In the body of the message, put: subscribe

Current Data Base: http://www.flashability.org - Sneak Peek!
Current Sniffer: http://www.flashability.org/javascript

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

<fritz wrote>

> now in public beta, the moock fpi is an all-purpose javascript/vbscript
> detection system to handle all possible flash player detection
> scenarios.

flasher is generously supported by...