Subject: RE: FLASH: Salaries
From: David Jacobs
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:57:17 +0100

Let's put it this way, assuming approximately two years of experience,
posting to monster.com with those skills listed on your resume will cause
over two dozen local recruiters to call you within 24 hours with ranges
offered from $60k to $80 a year. This is for the St. Louis area, and I am
speaking from experience (thus my sig will be changing soon!). Keep in mind
that this is for contract and contract-to-hire. Straight salaries are going
to average nearly $20k less.

Different markets will produce different results. For most major
metropolitan areas this will be about right. In localities where the cost of
living is much higher (Manhattan for instance), salaries will keep pace
somewhat.

Also keep in mind that this is for programming positions, mostly for ASP and
VB skills (as I mentioned earlier). There isn't much of a market in St.
Louis for Flash (yet), but from what I've seen Flash skills are not worth
nearly as much. Expect a $40k to $50k range for Flash alone, slightly more
with significant graphic design skills.

BTW, for those of you looking for work, I *highly* recommend monster.com.
The response rate is *much* higher there than most other job search sites.
Just be prepared for an absolute deluge of calls!

David Jacobs
Web Developer
Skywalker Communications
http://www.skywalker.com