Subject: Re: FLASH: inconsistent call actions
From: Nathan Dicken
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:09:19 +0100

Karin,

One thing I noticed is that you mentioned that your call action is in the
same frame as your button. Once the playhead hits this frame so that your
button is available, your script intended for the call action is activated
at that time. You could try placing the script that you're using for the
call action in a frame of it's own that the playhead will never touch.
Then, when your button "calls" the script it will be bringing in that
script and using it. Your code could look like the following with the
"test" frame located in the score mc...

Call ("/score:test")

Hope that helps...

Nathan Dicken
Fusionary Media

>I am having trouble with call actions working inconsistently. Most of
>the time the action I have set up to set a score works just fine.
>Then for some reason it doesn't. I just can't figure it out. I have
>tried all kinds of things from making certain the hit area of the
>button is right, to setting the mouse event to both release and
>release outside. The call action exists in the same frame as the
>button. I have renamed the text fields. I notice in Flash 4 Magic
>book that the mc and label names are assigned differently in two
>places.
>In one case the mc score with the label set looks like this:
>"/score/:set" in another place it looks like this: "/score:set"
>
>I am getting frustrated. Has anyone experienced inconsistent call
>actions and solved it?
>Karin

flasher is generously supported by...