Subject: Re: FLASH: Movie speeds
From: Randy Kato
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:01:43 +0100

Emma,

You can do what you're asking by getting the currentframe and then loading the
new movie and telling it to go to and play that frame, but there's another
option...

If you're movie doesn't have any single, unique frames (meaning you can get away
with dropping some frames here and there), you can speed up and slow down with a
couple of controller Movie Clips.

To speed up you'd just use a looping MC that would skip frames -- every other
one would be easy, but may be too fast so a little math could get it to skip
every 3rd or 4th frame. This would simulate a faster playback while using the
same framerate. When you want to speed up, just tell target the MC to play --
the MC tell targets the main movie, manually commanding it to go to specific
frames.

To slow down you could use the same type of controller MC and have it advance
the playhead more slowly. Half speed would be easy (just make it a two frame
loop that commands the playhead to go to the next frame of the main movie). If
that's too slow, use a very brief timer function to pause the loop for a split
second each iteration, and adjust the pause as necessary.

The controller MCs would be much more efficient, and avoid the hassles of
creating two more movies and loading them.

HTH,
Randy

--
Randy Kato - Web Master

627 Broadway, Suite 504, NYC 10012
T 212.539.1680 F 212.539.1741
http://www.braincraft.com

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list