Subject: Re: FLASH: Alpha Channels Messed up?
From: Adam Bruce
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:20:08 GMT

>Could you be a little more specific as to what you trying to do? DHTML?
>
>-DG-

Eventualy. We're converting about 150 Call Flow Training courses to
Flash files and we'd like to be able to make changes to the web site
without having to change the flash movies. (Right now there is a tiled
background image !YUCK! but it should go away to either a watermarked
background or a solid color. Since the Dev team is still going back and
forth on style issues, WE're trying to do the flsh files as transparent
movies that we can lay on any background, it works, but Translucent
gradients and imported PNG graphics that fade to clear aren't fading to
clear. They fade to the original back ground color intead of the HTML
background....wierd huh? I need to get on a 24 bit color computer and
see if this is a 16 bit problem. the color it fades to is very close
but not perfect.

-Adam