Subject: Re: How Do I
From: Marc Siry
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:20:01 GMT

>does anybody know how to create a rollover effect triggered by a button,
>but not on the actual button?
>
>i.e. --> http://www.us.olympic.org/map/index.html

Perhaps this is an oversimplification, but don't you just have the Over
state include the text with the necessary offset? It would take some
annoying work, but that's how I would do it.

As an interesting side note, my mouse is triggering the Over state
through Claris E-mailer... that is, I'm moving the cursor over another,
active application with Netscape in the background, and I can see the
exposed edges of the buttons highlighting....

marc siry/mad science media
computer graphics & animation
marina del rey, california
310.827.1932 voice/310.827.5180 fax