Subject: huge bitmaps - does it worth to resize in Photoshop first?
From: Natalia Usselman
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:56:35 -0000

Hi, everybody.
I know that Flash when exporting swf gets rid of all the extra info that is
not used in the movie, like unused symbols from the library.
It seems to me that if I break apart a bitmap and resize it on the stage, it
will export the smaller version of the image, and not the humongous one from
the library.
So I decided not to resize anything in the outside applications and bring in
like 640 by 480 bitmaps, break them apart and resize them in Flash.
Is it the right thing to do?
Thank you for your responce.