Subject: L'Oreal's map - follow up with more detail
From: S-N
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:52:07 -0000

I am trying again to get a little actionscript help. Two people
responded but I have not heard anything back from them.

I am trying to move the little rectangle in a rectangle over the
little USA map and then have the movements of the rectangle control the
movements of the large map.

1) I am unsure as to when or whether you have to embed a button in a
clip in order to drag it.
2) Unsure as to when the _x, _y coordinates of an item refer to the top
left or to the center of the object.
3) I don't know why the large map moves so sporadically in relation to
the movement of the rectangle. Sometimes it moves as expected and other
times it moves in seemingly the opposite direction. I think it may have
to do with my not understanding where the x,y coordinates refer to.
4) I don't know how to make the movement of the larger map "decelerate"
when it is arriving at its final location. I dug around and see that it
is done with a mouse tracker and a mouse trail object but still have to
find out how to do that.

Once I get this to work, I can then allow the user to click on a state
and then create a new html window with a list of dealers.

I have devised what I think is a method to do something similar to
Loreal but I have no actionscript skills. It is about 7 or 8 lines of
code that tracks the motion of something and then sets the property of
the larger map. Is anyone willing to take a look at it for me?

Jorge - slipp-nottatzianet [dot] com