Subject: HELP Controlling Flash with Javascript
From: Deca Nova
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 04:11:08 -0000

Hi all, I am making a site in HTML with two Flash menus. The first menu
"homenav.swf" is the full-screen home page menu. The second menu
"subnav.swf" has the same buttons, but is smaller and goes on all the sub
pages. The subpage template is two frames, "nav" and "content" I am trying
to make "submenu" reliably highlight the correct button when it first loads,
and if user hits "Back" in their browser. I've spent seriously 20 hours
searching for answers, and believe I have an image of what needs to happen,
but no specifics on how to do it. It seems like it must be pretty simple
code, once figured out...

The goals:
1. Clicking from homenav.swf to submenu.html brings up subnav.swf at a
specific frame (correct button appears in "down" state).
2. HTML loaded into the "content" frame of submenu.html sends a GotoFrame
command to submenu.swf in the "nav" frame on the same page.

Please tell me:
1. Can I send a variable from one HTML page to another? Perhaps in the URL?
Could a Flash movie read this as it loads? Maybe there could be one of the
little 72x72 browser windows to hold the variables?
2. Please copy/paste or direct me to the specific Javascript necessary to
detect necessary browser info, that subnav.swf has loaded, and then to
GotoFrame(00).

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. Please tell me if I can be more specific!

--Deca