Subject: Re: Animated Buttons
From: Jason Nugent
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:04:37 +0100

hi Roland,

To create an animation in a mouse over for a button, you must
first create a symbol (a movie clip, in particular) which contains the
animation you want to show. Then, you create the button you want to
use. In the "mouse over" frame, drag in an instance of your movie clip.
Now when someone moves over your button they will see the movie clip.

Note that movie clips do not play in edit movie mode - you must
first either preview the movie (CTRL - enter on a PC, and I assume
Command - enter on a Mac), or export it to a swf file and preview it that
way.

Jason

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Roland Guyt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to show an animation when a user puts the mouse over a button.
> So I have created the animation in a scene that runs from frame 5. Then I edited the
> button and put a frame action in the 'over' part of the timeline that says goto frame
> 5 and play.
>
> It doesn't work. Why not?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roland

Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)
ap958atchebucto [dot] ns [dot] ca "This is who we are."
jasonatirt [dot] org
Certified Webmaster

Visit IRT.org - Internet Related Technologies - http://www.irt.org
Articles on all aspects of internet development, including -
CGI/Perl, CSS, JavaScript, dHTML, Java, XML, HTML