Subject: FLASH: PC Problems
From: Brian Drake
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 05:08:44 +0100

Hi,

I've got two flash projects that rely on loadmovie to layer movies and
therefore only load modules as needed. I'm using Flash 3 and everything
works fine on the Mac. On the PC, one of my movies (on layer 3, the top
movie layer) only loads part of the first frame. I tried exporting with
both
TOP DOWN and BOTTOM UP settings and all this did was change what partial

amount was displayed. It seems as though it is only the first few layers

(not real layers but the arrangement layers on the same layer, ie send
to back) are loading. The movie in question is a nav bar and when I
click on the only button that pops up (out of an intended 5) the entire
movie suddenly appears and starts working. The entire problem only
happens on the first visit to the site. Subsequent visits or reloads
work just fine. I've tried exporting this from Flash 4 as a Flash 3 file

and it still has this problem. Another thing, this problem only occurs
on our web testing server, off the hard drive it works without a
problem.

The site in question can be found at:
http://www.juxtinteractive.com/beta/prulite/newfix/newfix_main_set.cfm
Click on the galvanized section.

Thanx for any help possible!

-- "I don't want a job. All I want to do is train monkeys." - Justin
Drake

Brian Drake
Web Developer
Juxt Interactive