Subject: Re: FLASH: DHTML site comparison with Flash
From: Bill
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:37:56 +0100

At 10:40 PM -0400 7/22/99, Michael Penne wrote:
>And further on, dhtml behaves differently (sometimes _quite_
>differently) on IE 4 vs NS 4, though the later versions cleared this up
>somewhat...however fonts alone are a good enough reason for me to much
>prefer flash over dhtml!

IT would seem to me that the whole argument is specious from both sides.

One should use what works best in any given case and EVEN use them
together. Iw would seem that Macromedia agrees since they provide the
best DHTML producing product as well as Flash.

>Although if you want some real fun stuff with dhtml, etc.
>http://tstudio.usa.net/ is pretty kewell...:-)

This is a neat use of DHTML whose main purpose is to sell a book. In
reading reviews of the book, I came across the statement:

"by 2001..... Microsoft's Chrome will be the standard, not
Javascript...or even Flash"

What is Chrome? and does anyone really think Microsoft will still be
"The Tyrant" in 2001?

(sorry about that last bit - it's flammable)

CHeers,

Bill