Subject: Re: FLASH: (Flash4) sound control buttons
From: Brian Drake
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:33:55 +0100

I sent my reply (which was identical) the very second I got the original post but
my reply hasn't shown up yet. Now it looks like I'm just copying Marc ; ) How come
it takes frickin forever for my posts to get through?

"Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)" wrote:

> At 02:51 PM 7/23/99 -0300, you wrote:
> >
> > Hi!!
> >
> > I'll try to make myself clear...
> > I'm trying to add a "stop all sounds" button on my movie. In fact I got it,
> > but the point is: how can I make the button remain with its "red X" after the
> > mouse is released? and there's a way to use the same button to restart the
> > sound again? The F4 help file ins't as clear as it should be...:-(
>
> Simplest is to put the button in a 2-frame movie clip with stop actions in both
> frames. The button action is "play" which toggles the two frames. One frame has
> the red "X" the other doesn't. You can have a Stop All Sounds action in one
> frame. But you can't have a "start all sounds" action; it doesn't exist. Sound
> toggle is a simple, Flash3-compliant scheme and is described step-by-step at
> http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/toggle.

-- "I don't want a job. All I want to do is train monkeys." - Justin Drake

Brian Drake
Web Developer
Juxt Interactive
brianatjuxtinteractive [dot] com