Subject: Re: FLASH: Oy Ve! Distribution woes
From: Wes Tilson
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 19:54:52 +0100

http://www.macromedia.com/support/shockwave/info/licensing/

Contains the following:

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip

----

To distribute Macromedia's Shockwave Player or Flash Player you must enter
into a Shockwave License Agreement. To distribute Authorware Web Player, you
need to sign an Authorware Distribution Agreement. These agreements give
your organization the rights to distribute Shockwave Player, Flash Player,
or Authorware Web Player independent of the Macromedia Web site.

Shockwave and Flash Players
If you would like to distribute Shockwave and Flash Players from your own
server, bundle them with your CD-ROM, or distribute the players in any way
outside of linking to macromedia.com, a Shockwave Player License and
Distribution Agreement is required. To find out more about Shockwave and
Flash Players distribution, contact a licensing representative.

Authorware Web Player
Distribution of the Authorware Web Player, formerly Shockwave Authorware, is
free of charge. To distribute the Authorware Web Player, you will need to
complete an online Authorware Web Player Distribution Agreement.

Programmes de mise sous licence (en fran�ais)

"Made with Macromedia" und Shockwave-Lizenzbedingungen (auf Deutsch)

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip
http://www.macromedia.com/support/shockwave/info/licensing/

Says:

----

Who needs to enter into the Licensing Program?
The Shockwave Player Licensing Program is designed to offer companies and
developers an optional way to distribute Macromedia Shockwave and Flash
Players. The program is a great solution for those who cannot link to
macromedia.com, see value in controlling distribution of the standard
Shockwave or Flash Players, or would like to take advantage of opportunities
to customize the end user Shockwave Player download experience.

Licensing has been a successful solution for intranets, Web sites, online
services, computer-based training applications, and commercial CD-ROM
distribution.

What are the benefits of becoming a Licensee?
Frequent CD-ROM updates of player technology
Priority technical assistance for Web deployment issues
Fax, e-mail, and phone support
Technical support and TechNotes
Control and management of distribution
High-end, consulting-level technical support options
Direct contact with Shockwave Player licensing management

What can I license?
Licensing is available for:
Shockwave Player
Flash Player

Licensee's obtain the right to distribute all current versions and platforms
of players supported by Macromedia.

Find out more about Authorware Web Player distribution.

How do I get more information about program pricing and licensing specific
to my needs?
Pricing is tiered based upon player distribution numbers. Please fill out
our Licensing Program Request for Information Form. A licensing
representative will contact you individually by phone or e-mail within seven
business days to discuss pricing and your licensing needs.

Licensing Program Request For More Information Form

----

[home] [shockwave] [software] [support] [macromedia] [shockrave] [help]
Trademarks Copyright �1995-1999 Macromedia Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy
Policy.
Mirror Sites: [Asia] [Europe] [USA]

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip

http://www.macromedia.com/support/shockwave/info/licensing/

is where you fill out the form:

----

If you are interested in obtaining a license agreement for distribution of
Shockwave and Flash Players, please fill out the following information and
click the Submit button. A licensing representative will contact you
shortly.

First name:
Last name:
Title:
Company:
City:
State/Country:
E-mail address:
Phone number:

Type of project/company:

ISP
Publication
Educational institution
Web site
Non profit org
Intranet
CD-ROM
Technology

Which Shockwave players are you interested in licensing?

Shockwave Player
Flash Player

Estimated distribution number of Shockwave players:

0-500
501-5,000
5,001-10,000
10,001-20,000
20,001-50,000
50,001-80,000
80,001+

Brief description of project (important!):

Note: Due to the high volume of requests, please allow up to one week for
processing your inquiry.

----

[home] [shockwave] [software] [support] [macromedia] [shockrave] [help]
Trademarks Copyright �1995-1999 Macromedia Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy
Policy.
Mirror Sites: [Asia] [Europe] [USA]

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip

Finally, it's going to be at least $1000.00 for like, distributing 50.

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip

YAFS: Yet Another Screen Saver Maker.
http://fusion.combase.com/~westilson/yafs

http://fusion.combase.com/~westilson/kjvbible/kjvbible.htm