Subject: Re: FLASH: Transparent Gifs problem
From: Troy M. Gilbert
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 06:04:41 +0100

>I create a gif with a transparent background. It looks fine in a
>broswer, but when I import it into Flash4, the transparent background is
>some sort of pastel color.

The index of your transparent color must be index zero. At least that was
true for Flash 3. A little undocumented bug/feature, I guess. While the
GIF89a format allows for any palette index to be set to transparent, Flash
will assume it is index zero (the first color in the palette, often either
black or white depending on the platform the image was created under). I
haven't used Flash 4 much yet, so I don't know if it suffers from the same
*bug*.

Troy.