Subject: Re: FLASH: gradient fill problem
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:57:13 +0100

At 02:13 AM 7/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I know this looks very stupid, since I'm a begineer to the flash
>I would like to know how to animate the gradient fill applied to a symbol..

In addition to Mary's suggestions, there's also the mask method. Make the
symbol on a mask layer (you may beed to break it into a single solid shape
for this to work). Put a large gradient fill in the masked layer (in Flash3
that's the layer below the mask; in Flash4 it can vary). Then animate the
gradient. You could put this all in a movie clip if you need the resulting
object to move around the stage.