Subject: Re: FLASH: CNET MenuMagicII: How to "Get URL"?
From: Randy Anthony
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:30:01 +0100

Ok, here is the fix for it.
Insert a new keyframe in the "Library Function" MC called and label it
OpenUrl. Insert this script in to that keyframe:
Get URL (/:data)
This is just a geturl calling a variable for data.

Now, go to the "Menu Data" MC and in the item's Call put:
/Library/:openurl
In the Item's Data put:
the url to
The logic put in to the script layout could probably be redone, it's quite
confusing. But that should fix the problem your having.
Hope this works for you
Randy

At 09:21 PM 07/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>First, thanks to be indulgent for my bad english...
>
>I d/l the excellent Menu MagicII from CNET Builder.com. It's a very nice
>drop down menu system build in Flash.
>
>http://builder.com/Graphics/FlashPoint/022400/
>
>But there is a small problem with the example on the page: the GetURL is
>not implement (by that I mean, if you click an a menu item, it will not
>lunch an URL). So I lost many hours trying to figure how to do this but
>without success. Is there someone on the list who can explain me how to do
>this? Or just send me a .FLA? I tought I was confortable with actionscript
>but now I'm not sure! I follow the instruction on the page, and the author
>of this menu explain how to do this but not clearly...
>
>And finally, I need opinions: It is suicidal to implement this menu on
>every page of a large Intranet. Explanation: My actual project is to
>develop an Intranet in my cie. We have a strong advantage: we have to be
>compatible with Internet Explorer only. Based on this, I took the
>menuMagicII exemple and try to include it in the top of a HTML page. It
>works. I put the .SWF Object in a <DIV> and inside a "z-index:10" and it
>run. There is only a minor problem: no way to select the firts part of
>HTML text on the page because the Flash Object overlap. Otherwise, the
>menu works great. But because I'm a pessimistic guy, I really want
>to be sure -NOW- that this menu will not give us problem in a near futur.
>I thinks the Flash menu by itself is strong but mixing it with HTML et CSS
><DIV>, I'm not totally confident.
>
>Thanks.
>
>NG
>Montreal, Quebec.

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com