Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator at home,
From: Mike Chambers
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:29:16 +0100

But Matt also said that it helps to generate content
> on your own computer to later upload... although the process lacked any
> real specific explanations as to how this works and it lacked diagrams
> and examples that made sense to me.

If you have the free Generator Authoring templates installed then you can
use the Generator objects to create Flash movies (without using the
Generator server). For instance, say you need a Pie Chart in your Flash
movie. You could manually create the chart in Flash (which would be a pain),
and then publish the movie. However, you could also use the Pie Chart
Generator object, plug in your data and then preview the movie (all within
Flash). When you do this, it will create an swf file with the Pie Chart
included. You could then use the swf in any way you want.

Now, if the pie chart needs to always have up to date data, then you would
probably want to use a Generator server, which would dynamically create your
Flash movie (with Pie Chart).

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Mike Chambers
meshatspeakeasy [dot] org
mchambersatfigleaf [dot] com