Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: How did they do that?
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:20:09 +0100

Jean-Pierre GOVEKAR wrote:

> Kalle's right : it's director ! Sorry

Yep. Dir all the way.

If you want a look into my version of it you can check out the
ScrollerCoaster behavior I have on nightwares in the "free" section.
(Dir7+ only source.)

I developed it to replace scrollbars; it works on pretty much anything
you care to put onscreen (though it's dodgy with editable text), will
allow you to lock sprites in place over the scrolling background so you
can have attached variable hot buttons, graphics or whatever and, while
it uses a drag to make the scroll happen, can be adapted so a drag isn't
necessary.

It's also in use in the FAQ and tutorial sections I have online.

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ warrenatnightwares [dot] com (mailto:warrenatnightwares [dot] com)