Subject: Re: FLASH: Director vs. Flash
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:40:44 +0100

No. I did not say that.

You can't make .swf files and therefore cannot benefit from the flash ready
browsers already out there ( I think double the installed base of director).
With Flash you can make a media asset that can be controlled with lingo.
You cannot create the .swf media asset in Director. The drawing capabilites
are very limited in Director as well, but you do have bezier curves to work
with (you can even control the handles of the control points). The cool
thing about it is you can control vector shapes with lingo and have all the
benefits of director along with it.

With director you cannot edit a flash .swf or .fla. So you cannot affect
the the vectors inside of a flash object. You can only access properties of
the movie and set properties.