Subject: Re: FLASH: Load Movie - Frame # or (N)
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:03:13 +0100

I've done this kind of thing before where I needed to return to a Flash
movie at a particular page, and I did it with a loadMovie and a TellTarget
to a specific frame, and it worked great for me. Since I was loading the
movie from cache there was no need to worry about the particular frame
being loaded or not.

Dave

At 02:43 AM 6/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Colin and Chris,
>
>> do preloaders work in movies loaded onto levels with load movie?
>If Frame is Loaded works on any main timeline on any level, but you need
>to communicate that information back to the movie that will do the tell
>targeting with a tell target.
>
>In Flash 4 we also have the _framesloaded property which works the same
>but allows some new options.
>
>To be sure a call to a frame in another movie loaded with Load Movie
>will be successful involves 3 steps.
>
>1) If frame is loaded in new movie to the point that will be called.
>2) Tell Target to orignal movie to alert it that the frame in question
>is loaded and available.
>3) Tell Target to the frame in question in the new movie.

Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)