Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash 4 timing loop: Problem Solved
From: Harrison, Len
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:58:06 +0100

And a new one arises

Problem was that the script was being executed too many times. When I took
the trace statements out, I got a message saying that the statements in the
action list had been executed in excess of 200000 times (hey, I have a PII
400), an infinite loop was suspected, and that actions were being disabled
in this movie. This must be Macromedia trying to save us from ourselves
though I wish they wouldn't. Seriously. My code, my responsibility.

SO, now the question comes up: what is an action list? Is it the set of all
actions within a movie? Remember this thing moved out of the frame,
theoretically resetting the if statement and then went back into it again.
If that's the case, I can easily imagine cases where 2,000,000 individual
statements might be executed. Is this thing only active in the authoring
environment, or is that silly "we think you don't know what you're doing"
counter running in your presentation environment whether browser, Director,
standalone, VB, Authorware, or whatever.

Anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to turn it off?

Macromedia?

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com