Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash 4 timing loop: Problem Solved
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:55:56 +0100

At 1:47 PM 6/29/99, Harrison, Len wrote:
>> Loop While (True)
>> Set Variable: "thisTime" = GetTimer
>> If (startTime + interval >= thisTime)
>> Load Movie ("Overview.swf", 0)
>> FS Command ("loadMovie", "00Overview.swf")
>> End If
>> End Loop

I couldn't visualize the question from the description, sorry, but the
above is a thing that I suspect we'll be seeing a *lot* of on this list in
the months to come... staying trapped in a repeat loop for a long time is a
good way to foul things, in many environments.

Loops are good for short fast processing, but if you're trying to have
things happen while not locking out other events (button presses, browser
repeating movie clip than to stay trapped within a tight repeat loop for
long periods.

(For related discussions, try searching the Director technotes with keyword
"repeat".)

jd