Subject: FLASH: flash, forms and javascript
From: simon mills
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:37:42 +0100

Hi All,

A bit of a teaser here. Well at least for me. It's all to do with mixing up
Flash, Javascript and Forms.

Is it possible?

I have an idea for a site which seels clothes, like sports kits, where
inFlash one has a line drawing of the kit style. next to this, perhaps in a
different frame you have controls, I think in a form that allows you to
alter the colour of various parts of the clothes. e.g a drop down menu for
sleeve colour so when you choose red it changes the sleeves in the flash
illustration to red!

Surely I could do all that in Flash? Well then when the person is happy
with the colours they have chosen they can submit the form and it will
produce a printable sheet of the customers specs.

Does this make sense?

Basically can you control a Flash movie from anhtml form using javascript.

I'd love it if any of you know if this is possible, or even have examples
of such a beast.

cheers,

SImon

hyper-portfolio
http://innotts.co.uk/~samills/

frAme: Journal of Culture and Technology
http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/frame/

trAce: Online Writing Community
http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/