Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: flasher digest: March 21, 2001
From: Kristopher Wainwright
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:54:53 -0000

Most of us WILL agree that Nielsen has some really
good points, but to say that *all Flash is bad* is
showing his ignorance to the application. Yeah of
course its a diversion, but its to show the talents of
what you can do, especially with low-bandwidth
clients.

Who would have thought that back in the early 90's
(1994 for me) when we were using 9600 baud modems and
Mosaic for a browser that we would have streaming
audio and video in a 5 to 6 year timespan, and the
ability to do what we can do with Flash, DW,
ColdFusion, etc..

I will agree that Neilsen is a good resource for
design and usability (its a must on the net), but he
has made himself a dinosaur in regards to new
applications and technology, and with that he will
become extinct by his own beliefs and actions.

Kris Sends .....