Subject: Re: HTTP Password.
From: Richard
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:20:59 +0100

Sorry but I was not clear on what you meant by a tag as per htaccess.
Dave, there is no tag associated with htaccess. This is a server side issue. Once you
gain entrance to that part of the sever, then the pages will load as if you entered
by regular means.
Consider this. Every time to visit a web page you are gaining access to a part of a
server. Say, its an apartment in a building. Now if you are going to the Macromedia
apartment (more like an apartment leading to many many rooms...the door is normally
open so the files in that apartment (and respective rooms) are easily down-loadable
to your PC. If one door is locked, you need a key, or a user name and password to
enter. Once you get in the files which are being called by your browser flow out to
you just as they did when the door was open.

Hope that clears it up.