Subject: odd hit area behaviour from old imported buttons.
From: Christian Cook
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:29:32 +0100

The URL is- http://www.isluk.com/test <http://www.isluk.com/test>

(If that URL appears twice then its because word is my editor and it
does freaky things I do not understand. If anyone knows why then mail
me.)

in order to update the ISL site I have imported in some ols buttons and
animations from the old site. But, even though I made all the old
buttons into movie clips, some of them still seem to be retaining
their... DOH!!!

You can have a hotspot in a movie clip cant you. Ah that's it. Right
then, I have removed all references to the old buttons as buttons but
they are still coming up weird.

If you go to 'Services' at the above URL, you will see some weird
flickery behaviour when you roll over 'system design' and 'bespoke
development' even though the hit area is a solid circle.

Where can I get at the old spot to kill it, I have removed all
references to these animations as buttons yet elements ithin these two
still seem to be registering. I bet know one has followed what the heck
I am on about. I think the old analogy of a group of dormice watching
'spartacus' springs to mind.

If anyone has remotely followed this at all then any help or gibbering
willl be appreciated.

Oh, its about 80k by the way ;)

Christian Cook
web designer, ISL.
cccatisluk [dot] com (mailto:cccatisluk [dot] com) <cccatisluk [dot] com (mailto:cccatisluk [dot] com)>
http://www.isluk.com <http://www.isluk.com>
isolated? Feel the ambience: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~web/
<http://www.soton.ac.uk/~web/>