Subject: Re: .gif export sizes
From: Colin Moock
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:33:41 +0100

Thanks for following up jd.
I'd be very interested to hear any guidelines you can extrapolate from
your tests.

It may help you to know that in most of my tests I used *only* Flash to
generate the vectors and text. No imported bitmaps, no imported art
from other programs. I didn't try building the same thing from scratch
in Fireworks, I just exported the gif from Flash, then took the
exported gif and saved it out from Fireworks. I did, however, do one
test where I redid the text in Fireworks. The size didn't vary much,
but (as I said before) the antialiasing was much nicer from Fireworks.

I guess the worst part is the increase in export sizes from Flash 2 to
Flash 3.

Let us know if you find anything!
-Colin