Subject: FLASH: Re: modelling gig
From: Imre V�gv�ri
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:12:02 +0100

hello,

this is my first letter to the list, even though I've been reading it for
weeks now. I work for a Hungarian interactive agency, based in downtown
Budapest. This modeling gig thread caught my attention and - there must be
something I'm missing - I guess I must be a newbie to this kind of
email-the-dream-project approach. Could you go through this with me and tell
me (and others as well) how you can point out so surely that this is a fake
proposition, please?

see:

1) somebody mails a sincere-sounding offer to a list which is read by
professionals in the field

2) after checking out their site (www.krepro.no) it's obvious that right now
they can't handle a project like this - that's what they said in the email

3) 150 000 USD - sure thing it's huge money but it makes a certain sense to
me. If I wanted to get the best service available, I would also try to get
the best people of the industry compete with _each other_ in order to be
able to pick truely the best product in the end

Seems to have logic in it. Yet, your natural reaction to this email made me
wonder if it's only me being naive. I can't really see how they could rip
anyone off. They don't pay, you don't produce.

Would they only need the demos for some reason?

I think it would be worthwile to follow this thread, see what comes out in
the end.

imi
mirai interactive