Subject: FLASH: Flash Tech Resource Update
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 07:21:53 +0100

Hi all,

If you need technical help Flash Central's Flash Tech Resource is the
place to start: http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/
The Flash Tech Resource is much more than a simple FAQ.
We now have links to articles from more than 40 sites that provide help
to Flashers. I have added more than a hundred new links in the last week
and will be adding at least another hundred over the next couple of
weeks.

If it isn't at the Resource, then post to the Flasher List (but check
first).

Many you have noted that the interface has been changing, lately. It is
mostly completed and it now is much easier and quicker to find the
technical information you need whether it is at a Flash Central site,
Macromedia or another site. Despite the interface change hopefully all
your old bookmarks should still get you where you need to go.

Most Flash related topics at Macromedia are now linked. Only a few
categories are not 100% up-to-date. The next task to to get the 3rd
party links current.

Only pages that provide general or specific help for Flashers are linked
at Flash Central's Flash Tech Resource. We do not link demos or examples
of Flash in the this section. But we do have a list of that have sample
FLAs for study.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Resources/Flash.htm

Qualifacations to have pages or to be linked as a Flash Resource at FC
are below:

-------------------------

http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Resources/Flash.htm
For a site to be linked at Flash Central under Flash Resources:

1) It must provide articles, tutorials or other Flash related help that
is deeemed valuable. We do not guarantee accuracy of information on
other sites but will remove sites that provide constant bad
information. A single article does not automatically qualify a site as
a Flash Resource.
2) The MIME must be set on the site. we have added a couple of sites who
have set their MIME and one more is working on it. I even have decided
to link to Berto's site now that he has the MIME set on his current site
even though his site fails to work with Netscape 3 and MSIE 3.
3) I have never required a site to link to FC to be linked at FC. And
still have links to sites that have never linked to FC. I would of
course appreciate a link from all of the resources linked at FC.

------------------

http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/
For a particular page to be linked at FC a site a page must:

1) Provide usefully and mostly accurate information on a Flash related
subject.
2) Be available with a direct link to that article or tutorial.
3) The links at that site must be perminate. A site that changes or
moves pages may not have pages linked to directly.
4) If it used Flash the MIME must be set for Flash.
5) If a site prefers a direct link to a page such as in a frame we will
be happy to use that.
6) If a site requests that we do not link directly to their pages then
we will not link to the individual pages. That site may still be a Flash
Resource (if it qualifies), but they will not get links under individual
categories no matter how good the information is. There is only one site
that has requested this.

Just a reminder, if your page is not listed it may already be scheduled
to be added, but if you send me a suggested list of links and categories
where you sites pages should be linked, then it may speed your listing.
I have over a hundred links being readied and checked for addition now
and know there are many others. Now that most categories at MM are
current, I will concentrate the other sites.