Subject: FLASH: Shape Tweening Woes
From: unique
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 08:09:08 +0100

I'm tweening between a small circle and a "block" outlined M ... both with
black lines and a white fill. I don't like the way Flash tweens without hints
-- the circle seems to turn inside out in the process of tweening.

So I set three hints, A, B, and C. See below. (Hope you're viewing this with a
monospaced font!)

X C X
X X
X X
X X
A X B

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
X X X X
X X X X
X X X X
X A X X B X
X X X X X X
X XX X X XX X
X XX X XX X
X X X X X X X
X X X C X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

(The circle starts at the bottom of the movie; the M is directly above it,
about half-way up.)

SURPRISE! With these hints in place, the tweening effect is *destroyed* ...
instead, between the two keyframes, I get little dots and short line segments,
and no fill (white), between the keyframes -- though they *do* move from the
circle's position to the M. Yuck!

Does anyone have a clue? Seen this effect?

I could put these as swf's on my personal Web site, if it would help, or
provide fla files (how?).

Thanks,

Ken Sherwood
Myson Media