Subject: Re: FLASH: Please Test New Flash Ad
From: Sienna
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 01:28:21 +0100

>It ain't no SSOD, buy hey, I only had a night to do it.

Not bad for one night. It looks great.

>This is a Sponsor/Advertiser supported "Free ISP" that is new on the horizon.

ACK! This is not something I wanted to hear. I am an ISP and the thought
of these types of companies makes me wonder what all their customers have
to put up with. Popup ads? Cookies constantly reading what they had for
dinner the past week, what their kid's grades are, and how many software
programs they have installed with no serial numbers. *grin*

>They have client software that pops up an ad window when it detects than
>nothing is happening for a while with your keyboard or mouse, and when
>*nothing* is downloading. The ads go away if anything is detected going on.

Ah ha! told you! Do YOU want someone knowing when your pecking away at
your keyboard or when you leave your puter to go to the can? I avoid
places like Geocities because of all the ads that popup.

>So, the deal is, if you put this client on your computer, they'll give you
>free internet access. And hey, ads are everywhere anyway, right? The
>least the advertisers should do is give you free internet access to look at
>'em! Right? ;)

Actually I'd rather pay $17.95 /month and have ad free access and not have
to click that annoying x every few minutes :)

>BTW, any fast producers who might be available for Flash Ad creation
>contracting after the launch in Aug. should drop me a note. You can work
>remotely. Note: This is a very well financed startup by a very large,
>international corp. So, no bs.

Do you work for the same company as the guy with the Modeling Gig by chance?
Just kidding.. only my 2 cents worth and dry humor.

Anyways, your site looks good. Wish I could put something together in one
night.

Have fun.

Sienna