Subject: RE: FLASH: Question...
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:22:41 +0100

At 03:34 PM 5/26/99 +0100, you wrote:
> Make the movie clip external to the button, and give it a stop
>action...
> Marc Hoffman
>

> Marc, with respect, that method is a little too complex and is not
>necessarily
> the best way to set up an animated button. Using actions to change
>a button
> stste is unnecessary.

Rob,

The original question was how to make the movie clip freeze in whatever
frame it had reached, as soon as the user rolls out of the hot spot, and
then resume animating from that frame if the user mouses over the button
again. Your method will not work for this. TellTarget (from the button to a
movie clip that is external to the button) is the appropriate method.

For a second there, I thought you had me :-), But there have certainly
been times when I misread a question, too, so no disrespect to you, either.
in fact, thanks for your diligence.

-Marc

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.