Subject: Re: FLASH: Syncing Sound
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:28:58 +0000 (GMT)

Russell,

Lip sync or sound/motion sync in Flash is 90% sweat 10% inspiration.
I'm doing a piece for a spanish tourism company that has a couple of
guitar players and some dancers with a great 4 min. long flamenco sound
track. As this will be for CD I'm targeting it for 150Kb/s so it's
easier than doing the same for the web. It will probably have a web
version in RealFlashG2 but this is not settled yet.
My approach has been to lay out all the sound track first on it's own
level set to streaming then building the animation over the sound. This
has worked very well and tests on various types of cpu have given very
good results.
If you come up with some tips or tricks please share them.