Subject: Re: FLASH: ALL COME AND SEE
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 02:29:32 +0000 (GMT)

At 06:49 PM 11/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have not updated this site, so those who came last time will have nothing
>new to see, but I've finally treadged through the mime problems our server
>was having. All please visit "http://www.berlinprod.com" and click on the
>link for the flash site. Please! We need feedback. last time I posted,
>be had like 200 hits in 2 days, but only 3 replys. I need your help.
>please visit and critique.

I like the look of the interface, that is, the artwork, but it's confusing
in terms of where to click and what to expect. In some places you have
image-map-type buttons but it isn't at all clear until one clicks that
these are separate destinations, not one big button (suggestion: make each
sub-element move or magnify on mouseover). There's a text link, I think
the text says "more about our crew" where you don't have a hit area
defined. The hit area should be a solid geometric shape, otherwise one
must mouse exactly where the text "ink" is in order to get an action.
Pages that contain large images in HTML layout may as well be done in Flash
and loaded as movie clips or as movies in higher levels, so loading would
be a whole lot faster. There were places where the loading sequence was
repeated on re-entry; this should be streamlined by use of "if frame is
loaded" testing on entry. Sorry to be so critical, but it seems you really
want to improve the site and I don't think you're taking full advantage of
Flash nor is the interface as intuitive or clear as it might be.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>