Subject: Re: FLASH: New FLash Intro-would like feedback
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:26:22 +0000 (GMT)

At 07:25 AM 11/29/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Flashers,
>
>I just got finished with a new intro to my portfolio site. I would be
>very grateful for any feedback you may want to give. The URL is:
>http://www.mindspring.com/~hagwood2/

Hi Paul.

It's a nice design. On a 48k modem connection it was a bit slow to
animate; perhaps you could remove some tween frames? Also, when returning
to the interface from the other pages, I didn't want to wait through the
animation again. Two ways to avoid this: 1) If Frame Is Loaded can be used
in the first few frames to check if the movie's last frame has already
downloaded, in which case the movie can skip to the end of the intro
animation; or, 2) open the secondary pages in a new HTML window (if you do
this, I recommend letting folks know they can close the new window to
return, rather than having them wonder why their browser's back button
doesn't work).

Eventually it would be nice if you had a Flash option for your gallery-type
pages, since the interfaces would be faster after initial loading.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>