Subject: RE: FLASH: Kick ass Teddy Bear Torture site now up for final testing.
From: Len Harrison
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:13:49 GMT

Hey Mathew

'Tis fresh, mon. Few things to think about tho:

1) Mailbox should work as a mailto:. No way any normal moron like myself is
going to remember the email address long enough to use it, particularly
after torturing teddy.
2) Jump to the non-existent page at Xoom. Don't know where that was going.
If it was to an html page, I'd do it in another window or pop everything
into a frameset and keep the Flash going in a corner frame like a postage
stamp. Pull down a window in the top level or something with an appropriate
msg which when you click on it returns you to an unframed view at your
previous current frame. Might need to collect the current frames of all your
movie clips as well and stop them then restart each from there. Obviously
easiest to do in script. As it is, the page load fails and the back button
restarts the movie including the frame loading piece, which is very cool
first time round, BTW. Of course, if you're just using Xoom to park some
sound clips and there isn't supposed to be html there, forget this.
3) TV piece is totally UK. US folks haven't a clue on the slang you're using
(well some wouldn't). May be non-issue if your band stays on that side of
the pond. Would need some refitting for this one. Also possible that some of
the words used have different connotations over here (or maybe not).
4) Not sure how to resolve this one or if you care. But I'm playing the
movie projector and click on the torture chamber and go there before the
movie is done. That's the highlight or lowlight of the piece. After that I'm
not about to start the slide show again. I'm outta there. That's fine from a
design perspective but maybe not from the band's.
5) I'd look at tightening up the animations throughout the movie,
particularly the text transitions in the TV part and the slide show of the
band members. Less is more.

Like it a lot

len harrison
instructional designer