Subject: FLASH: Gradient sample
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 00:06:36 GMT

Hi all,

For those who are having trouble with gradients in Flash I have posted a
page using a single simple gradient using three colors. You can also
download the associated FLA. http://www.FlashCentral.com/FLAs/Gradient/

See page 63 in the Manual for help in understanding how to modify or
create a gradient. Then just apply some of those techniques and play
with it to get a feel for what can be done quickly and easily. Note how
efficient Flash handles gradients as far as file size is concerned but
don't go crazy and try to animate dozens of gradients unless everyone
has 400 Mhz. Dual Pentium II's.

As soon as I come up with better techniques for layering gradients I'll
come up with a Tutorial. Right now it is still kind of hit and miss.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/