Subject: UKNM: Domain Name Theft
From: Charles Meaden
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:48:17 +0100

Apologies to anyone if this seems a little old hat, but I hope someone can
clarify the current situtation on domain names

We were in the process of registering a domain name for a well known
company, when through bad luck another company pipped us to the post. The
domain name is a name 'unique' and could only apply to our client.

We have approached the company that registered the domain name to find out
what their intentions are, and they hinting that they will sell the domain
name for a price.

Is this legal and is there anything we can do about it?

Regards

Charles Meaden