Subject: Re: UKNM: Another one bites the dust
From: Richard Longhurst
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:04:55 +0100

Eight days to raise �3 million, eight months to spend it...

>From 'Who wants to be a paper millionaire?' Daily Telegraph, 2 December 1999

" Investors are paying for minds, bodies and souls. Robert Norton and Toby Rowland are co-founders of ClickMango, a company that raised �3 million in eight days on the strength of its plans to sell natural health products and information online, but hasn't yet got a website. "Nothing but Toby and myself, nothing but a paper concept," says Norton. "We did three consecutive 100-hour weeks, even 115 hours, some weeks. I still haven't got a flat - I'm moving in this week. I'm still sleeping on a blow-up mattress, in an apartment that's about to be sold, with nothing in it."
Fortunately, most Net entrepreneurs burn with the evangelical fervour that money isn't everything; they do it partly for love. "You're prepared to increase the risk and pay yourself less in the hope of building something you really value," says Norton. "To anyone that does their work well and enjoys it, money should be a by-product. "

And Atlas Ventures stumped up �3 million on that sort of thinking? Anyone got their number?

Richard
--
Richard Longhurst - 2020Shops - www.2020shops.com -- online shopping made easy
Win great prizes now! http://www.2020shops.com/prizes.asp