Subject: UKNM: NoW NeWs
From: Speechrad
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:09:09 GMT

For those of you not frightened of those strange Birmingham accents and dark
Midlans evenings.

News From North of Watford

Sorry not to have been in touch. We have been busy completing our business
plan. We also attended the FT Midlands meeting which I personally found
disappointing, but that's my view. The sole advantage appearing to be
contact with our guest speaker for the next meeting.

Peomotion of NoW
I was pleased to note that NoW has been mentioned in Internet Millionaire
magazine March issue - a good omen for us all?

Robin at www.dvisions.co.uk (note the spelling) agreed to help promote NoW
and using their promotion skills added us to the major directories in a
format that he assured me ensures a high profile.

Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on 8th March at 7.30pm. Usual venue ;)

Guest Speaker - David Bell of 3i will be discussing investment in Internet
startups. David tells me he is going snow boarding the following week so if
anyone wants to supply him with some light reading like an executive summary
for his ensuing convalescence I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

We have also been offered a presentation from Commtouch which provides
web-based email, ICQ integration, web-based calendaring, spam protection,
unified messaging and supports over 18 different
languages. Those currently building new websites may be interested in this
service. Commtouch supplied the web email for Excite.

We anticipate the presentations starting at about 8pm and finishing around
9pm allowing time for 'mingling' and doing deals.

As we expect this to be a popular meeting we are asking everyone to
pre-register by sending an email to infoatnorthofwatford [dot] com giving your
name, company/organisation name, and number attending.

Feedback from January Meeting:
David Rose from DCX.st who spoke at the last meeting has asked me to pass on
an announcement about his new magazine e-first which is attached below.
Regards,
Michael

E-FIRST
Britain's new e-commerce magazine - E-FIRST - is on sale now from the
business and current affairs shelf at leading newsagents across the UK.
E-first delivers reviews of successful e-commerce projects in an editorial
and production environment to which senior executives in established
companies setting out to develop e-commerce services, are accustomed.

In the launch issue:
CORPORATE BRITAIN
Defenceless against e-commerce invasion
A NATION OF E-SHOPKEEPERS?
A market town's traders go online
BRITISH AIRWAYS
The world's favourite e-commerce project
BRITAIN'S 'E-ENVOY'
Exclusie interview with Alex Allan
THE AUSTRALIAN WAY
E-Procurement cuts costs by 80%
PLUS - trends, surveys, management, financial and international news
Naturally, e-first has launched with a fully functioning website at
www.e-first.co.uk. Suppliers of e-commerce systems can participate in the
e-support zone and companies offering online business-to-business services
can list themselves absolutely free of charge in the biz-2-biz zone.
Readers can also subscribe on line at the site.
The launch issue of e-first carries advertising from some of the industry's
leading players including Unisys, Hewlett-Packard, PricewaterhouseCoopers,
Actinic, Amaze and others.

Happy Reading
Regards
The E-First Team.