Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Serious(!) Words From Tim
From: John Handelaar
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:28:01 -0000

Oh, good grief. "It's not our fault that the whole
industry is waist-deep in fuckwits, it's those beastly
journalists."

> Go on, you try and coax a serious executive to your so-called dotcom if
> his/her only knowledge of the Internet comes from the press and
> television.

AAAAARGH! Why in the name of Christ would I want someone
who knows jack shit about my business? Try it out:

"Go on - try and coax a serious executive to your
so-called nuclear power company when his only knowledge
of nuclear power comes from Spiderman and the Incredible
Hulk."

[Cue very nervous Cumbrians, Irish, etc]

More seriously, I can't believe you've just said both of these
things together:

1 Journalists and TV people are irresponsible for suggesting
that many dotcom executives are extremely naive about business

2 It's OK to hire a senior executive to your dotcom company
who doesn't know anything at all about the internet

Come on, make your mind up. Which is it?

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117 M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657 E johnatuserfrenzy [dot] com