Subject: Re: UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!...NOT:-)
From: Paul Bessant
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:22:10 GMT

Brent,

Having watched comments go backwards and forwards about your company, I
have thus far withheld my own disappointing experience.

However some of your comments make me to believe that you may not be fully
aware of the level of service that you were not providing
over the "festive" period, particularly in relation to your more
traditional competitors !!

Here goes my own experience...

Late on December 29th I spotted and tried to book two return tickets to Los
Angeles for the bargain price of �97 each + tax. Having
registered for the site and placed my order, the site popped up a window
asking me to call yourselves directly because of how
lastminute the flight was, no problem?

But,
This is when the problem began.... I called at 10am on the 30th when your
"call centre" opened and was on hold, at my expense for over 1 hour calling
from Leicester (my home) to London. After 1hour 9 minutes (yes I did time
it !!) I finally gave up and left a voicemail message.
I also followed this up with an email to urgentatlastminute [dot] com (from my
home account paulbessantatnetscape [dot] net if you'd like to check). Both avenues
are as prompted by the pre recorded message whilst on hold.

This was all completed at around 12:00 noon on the 30th. Having heard
nothing from you at 4pm onwards on the 30th and on 6 or more occasions on
the morning of the 31st I tried to call lastminute again...only to find the
line mostly engaged !! ...although I did manage to leave one, maybe two
messages begging by this point to be called.....Well the first one was
begging the second was starting to
get angry !!

>complaint rate of less than 1in every 1000

I wonder what it would have been if people could have got through?

Anyway,
Not only was I becoming irate but I was having problems with the hotel &
car that I had on hold, pending being able to secure the flight.

In desperation I went into a Co-Op travel store in my local shopping centre
to ask what price they could get me LA for...and to my
pleasant surprise I was quoted the same price of �97 each + tax. Great !!

The only problem was that the tickets were 30 miles away in Derby and the
flight was the next morning by this time. No problem for
Co-Op travel...one of their staff drove from Derby to Leicester (at NO cost
to me) and delivered the tickets to me at 5:30 pm on the 30th.
1 1/2 hours after I first walked in.

I then went home emailed Best Western Hotels to confirm my hotel in Santa
Monica, emailed Dollar Renta car to confirm my car and
went on to have a great New Year's eve in the US !!

So Brent as you can see I personally would have to disagree with your
comments, particularly about...

>We clearly fulfil a role for them that no one else can do
>we clearly enable people to be spontaneous and help them live their
dreams at unbeatable prices. So no hype here!
>We have the best last minute flight fulfilment service of any company
that I know
>Did anyone try and find out where they could order a flight for new years eve
>Other sites were not fulfilling over this period
>I very much regret that one potential customer had a bad experience!

And one final complaint....

>We normally respond to email within 2 hours and phone calls with 1 minute

I received a call from one of your team at 7pm on the 30th December ...31
hours after my first message was left...
...even worse one of your team replied to another of my voicemails from the
31st December YESTERDAY 5/1/2000 at 4pm !!

..And incase your wondering in every message I made it clear that I wanted
to fly on New Years eve....

That's about it...end of chunter :-)

Have a nice day...

Paul