Subject: RE: UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!...
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:18:31 GMT

Thanks to Brent for offering the other side of the story, and offering to
be "lynched by email" to avoid providing ammunition to the many journalists
on this list.

In summary from the many posts on this, or related subjects:

* Most of us have horror stories of dreadful customer service from *most*
of the big e-tailers.

* Most e-tailers have lots of examples of happy customers.

* E-tailers still have a long way to go to make people happy, and shouldn't
hold up good examples as a way of ignoring the issue.

* Likewise the press shouldn't jump on the bad examples to say that company
x is crap and should be closed down forthwith.

Further discussions should focus on useful things like what company x is
actually doing to deliver on the promises made in the marketing message, to
try to keep UKNM roughly on the subject of marketing :o)

And whilst I am in dream mode, any chance that this year people can offer
to "take it outside" a little bit earlier?

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx Design Limited