Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Theft of copyright
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:19:29 -0000

these poeple, proving my copyright and getting them to either remove my
article or credit me?<<<<

The standard nasty letter might work. But it's tricky unless you have the
overwhelming financial and legal muscle to bury them and kick their
gravestones over.

A Little Story.
A long time ago, in 1995, whilst at university, I made my first web page -
a long essay about Enya. Yes. Enya. It is here:
http://area51.upsu.plym.ac.uk/~arp/enya2.html
(note early Jakob Neilsen-esque design).

A few months later I discovered that an American record label who make
easy-listening CDs to sell at garages for 5.99 had used the text, almost
verbatim, as the liner notes of a popular CD. And there wasn't a single
thing I could do about it. I'm still angry today, which is why I have
trouble holding down a job - I just have to lash out sometimes.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/