Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: New media Lobbying Groups / Associations
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:56:51 -0000

http://www.mediaguardian.co.uk/newmedia/story/0,7496,426353,00.html<<<<

What strategy? That 600-word article didn't say anything at all, merely
that Channel 4 are launching a new website that will have streaming
video. The first six paragraphs are introduction, the last four are
summation, and the ones in the middle are obfuscation.

The strategy appears to be to hire Charlie Brooker as a humour columnist
and have some interactive things. Both ideas are sound, but not
particularly innovative.

As for the lack of meaning, take this paragraph:

vehicle for the TV channel. "While we do want to support the channel, we
want to do it in an innovative way. E4 is a multi-platform brand that
we're taking on the internet in a way that mirrors the TV content but is
uniquely focused on interactivity," says Anson. "We'll always have
something new and fresh every day and when we start marketing the site
around the full launch, we'll be encouraging people to come and visit us
for 10 minutes every day - it's healthier than taking a fag break."<<<<

That's 105 words - a lot of words for a newspaper article. But the sum
total of their meaning is nothing.

And the article uses the word 'madcap', and thus should be shunned.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/